- Do not throw out ANY left over food. Find some way to use the left overs; in another meal or some other way.
- Expanding on #1 above: put all little "dabs" of vegetables in a bag or container in your freezer and add to them each time, even if it's just a spoonful of corn or peas, etc. When you make vegetable soup or a stew, etc. you can add the contents of this container.
- You can do the same with a "dab" of fruit and then add them when you make a fruit salad.
- Use a rubber spatula. I find this to be one of the thriftiest tools in my kitchen. Scrape out every last bit of any and everything in a jar, a can, or the sides of mixing bowls. It is amazing how much food is left on the sides and wasted.
- Try not to buy items in plastic squeeze bottles because you cannot scrape them out as above.
Okay, here we go!